Monday, May 8, 2023

NOV, Notice Of Violations, Clients During Covid

During Covid, a lot of people stayed home. People were much more aware of each other's activities. Because of this, the number of complaints neighbors made about work being done without permits skyrocketed.

Here are four clients I helped resolve NOV's for with SFDBI Code Enforcement.

Much like federal agencies protecting peoples rights to privacy, I've redacted all the Owners names, addresses and permit numbers from any documents posted on this blog.

NOV Client Number 1:

This client did a complete remodel of a single family home without any permits. They also made a curb cut at the sidewalk for auto access without a permit. A neighbor complained because of losing a parking place, and SFDBI Code Enforcement came out and retagged, another term for an NOV, the property.

This retag is sent as a list of code violations. See attached.


When I got involved I called the Code Enforcement Inspector, and told him that many of the items on his list didn't require a permit. He disagreed with me, so I set up a meeting with his superiors, the Senior Code Enforcement Inspector and the Chief Inspector for Code Inspection. At this meeting they agreed with me and reduced the list by 60%. The Owner took care of all the items, the NOV was abated (closed).

A

No comments:

Post a Comment